Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I miss the days when life was SiMplE






Hmmmmmm! Reminiscing on yesterday's memories when life was very simple. What thoughts do I have to think other than how to eat; not what to eat because someone else also did that! Did I see you ponder? Simple life of childhood, I miss them all! All of them.

Those crazy plays, shun ajebutter thingy. Water-guns wars, War-start, Ten-Ten, under the rain soccer, suwae, swell, hide & seek, kite flying, building houses on sand, dance awilo, cooking with tin tomatoes cans, in-out surrender, I call on; I can go on and on and on! (Sipping some water and continuing) Stand still, shock, number number one, flying like aeroplane, police catch the thief, who is in the garden, chasing grasshoppers and lizards, playing pana, rubber and canta, igba tire & borres, play okoso. Gush! These were real plays and jovial moments.
For sure I was a freaking TV and radio addict. I still battle with that till now, but it is all good though. Those days when the box-like TVs with sliding doors graced our sitting rooms, black and white screens with external TV antennas that you go outside and keep turning the pole and continuously asking for when your favourite channel was clear. LMAO!!! Willy Willy, Jagwa, new masquerade with jegede sukuya, Turtle ninja, super ted, godzilla, sesame tree, aladin & the 40 thieves, tales by moonlight, speak out. TV stations of those days were never boring or showed nude pictures. Are you still thinking to clarify on this?

There were those meals, food and snacks that made my childhood memorable too I just wish I could get just a day of it again with all those I shared it with. Choco milo was that awesome sweet maggi  cube (Seriously smiling); kulikuli, kokoro, okpa, tiny akara balls sold for one naira, ofio, pit milk, maria biscuit, nasco biscuit, ice cream wrapped in waterproofs, ice blocks from the freezer, sisi pelebe, gogo, balewa, baba dudu, agidi with bone  inside... still thinking some more.

Yes! i just remembered, visit father christmas. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Christmas is around the corner I just think I should do that again.

I guess this piece will spark up thoughts in us, happy moments of childhood and simple days, nonetheless this list ain't an exhaustive one. Please feel free to put down some more in the comment section. Thanks y'all for reading.

2 comments:

  1. yeahhhhhhhh! Smiling ryt naw. Dose gud ol' daiz

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeahhhhhh! Smiling as i'm riting dz. Dose gud ol' daiz

    ReplyDelete