Sunday, September 11, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me


Happy Birthday to Me
Humans do not choose the day to be born or the day they breathe their last. These choices are made by a supernatural. I do not know why I was born on September 11 but for sure I know it was a divine plan.

The day September 11 is the 254th (255th in a leap year) day of the year, 20th day of the Virgo period and special in its own. Events, discoveries, wars, births, disasters, crashes and great feats all happened this day. Yes, my September 11th research told me so. Greatest of them all was when a wonderful woman broke water and a great personality was birthed. Chinedum Chinweuba Ucheoma he is. Please allow me exercise my pride. Hahahaahs, my signature laugh. Please hiss not it's my pleasure day oo!

Looking back and reflecting in all these years, 25 years in case you don’t know, I have every cause to say a big THANK YOU to God, my parents, friends and all the persons (names too numerous to mention on this piece) I’ve had something to do with or come across in my life’s journey. Each day in these years had its own offering – bittersweet, brightdark, easyhard, smoothrough, plentyscarce, moreless, happysad, upsdowns, lovehate; I could go on and on and on! There unique mixes made my life so interesting and worth living.

To say I’ve not learnt a lot in the mist of all these will be really fallacious. No wonder Tom Landry (Also born September 11) said, “I have learnt that something constructive comes from every defeat.” Yes y’all heard it. So never be afraid to fall because what matters is getting up after falling. It doesn’t end here, another great September 11 man, Dale E. Turner said, “Some of the best lessons we ever learn are learned from past mistakes. The error of the past is the wisdom and success of the future.” My mistakes taught me a lot though I’m still in the process of building courage to learn each passing day.

On how I spent my birthday? Wow! I know many have been waiting for this part. The plan was to sit and relax at home all through the 10th and 11th, a nice way to wind up my morning (assuming the first 25 years of our lives is our morning) and start off the afternoon (execution phase). Lo a friend invited me out for a little groove at the beach on Saturday, 10th September. It was a binge chicken-booze-dance outing! Got home late at night, woke up with a little hangover but my reverence to God was to be met. On my birthday, behold I was on my way to the 7am Holy Communion service and back home at about 9:45am. All through I sat at home, a big shocker? My phone kept buzzing from SMSs and calls. I felt so so so loved. I’m seated, facing my PC and putting up this piece, alternating between taking calls and reading SMSs. My Facebook inbox has never had such an explosive messages in one day as today. I observed my Facebook wall was blocked, I guess I must have toyed with one of the privacy/security settings.

My dreams for life keep soaring, higher and higher. Some met, some in the process, others I don’t even know how but I am not scared because I know the top is my dwelling and I got a guide, Chinedum (God is guiding me). “Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us new beauty waiting to be born.” Those are the words of Dale E. Turner, a September 11 born. That then means I will keep on renewing them. Living them. Accomplishing them. Fixing them. Dreaming some more. No matter how hard we all try to refuse it, one thing is for sure, a new day is a new life. “Today you have 100% of your life left”, Tom Landry, another September 11 born.

I strive to keep being the best because such I have always been. I will keep my head high in all life’s pursuit, lending my hand out to support others and at peace with my maker.

To those who lost a loved one especially the September 11 attack on Americans, what a date I share with you guys. To those born this special day, know that this day and all Virgos got their pride on, swagger repping, intelligence at its best…. If you doubt me Google “Personalities of Virgos.

Thanks y’all for your support. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! HAPPY BORN DAY TO ME! GOOD AFTERNOON TO ME! HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment